Bluetooth earbuds with a neckband is getting more innovative such as automated pairing BeatsX, wired listening mode 1MORE E1004BA Dual Driver, and what’s the latest? The Huawei FreeLace come up with the idea that it is charged by phone’s USB Type-C port.
Huawei FreeLace’s highlights
- Fast charging feature: 5 minutes of charging and 4 hours playback
- 9.2mm dynamic drivers
- Battery life: 18 hours (120mAh capacity)
- USB-C for charging – modular design – earbuds can detach from the neckband that later can plug into the phone or charging port.
- Quick way to pair with your phones – when plug the neckband into your phone, a pop message ask for pairing.
- IPX5 rating
- Bluetooth chipset: Hengxuan BES2300
A note that the automated pairing feature only works with devices upgraded to Huawei’s latest EMUI 9.1.
The BES2300 processor supports Bluetooth 5.0, consumes less power and have TWS (true wireless earbuds) functionality. The Bluetooth connection of Huawei FreeLace is solid. We’ve seen the BES23000 in FreeBuds2 Pro or FlyPods. These headsets were given sometimes to prove their good sound and low latency.
From the features and sound quality of Huawei FreeLace I think Huawei intended to compete directly with BeatsX – Apple’s W1-chip neckband headphone. However we haven’t been comfirmed that the Huawei FreeLace will be available for purchase in US yet, since the current trade war bared Huawei products in US.