Earbuds for kids have been produced many audio manufacturers such as Etymotic Research or Logitech. Today, it’s common that in child’s backpack there is always Mp3 player, iPod, or even Iphones. These devices are designed in the way that generates high power output to earbuds, so earbuds can tune the high volume level, which children’s ears can’t withstand for a long time. However, if you can monitor the volume while your kids are wearing earbuds check out some of our favorite cute and funny earbuds in the holiday gift guide.
Additionally, children love music and they want to hear music loud when they wear adult earbuds unintentionally putting their ears at risk ( the excitement of music overcomes the hurt caused by high volume). If your kids like to listen music turned up loud, definitely there will be an effect to their hearing. Of course, you couldn’t know how high the music is played and listened by your kids while they wear it.
Earbud tips may be too small or too big kid ears, but the tips supplied with earbuds for kids are small enough for fitting. Thes earbud tips function as a cover so that the sound is sealed in ears for better noise-isolation. You will not have to change the higher volume hear sound clearly. Yet whatever tips, encourage your kids keep the volume low. If the volume is controlled at low level, listening music from earbuds is always safe.
Generation of M2: Media in the Lives of 8 to 18-Year-Olds. A Kaiser Family Foundation Study, January 2010 states
“Children ages 8-18 devote an average of more than 7 hours to using entertainment media (more than 53 hours a week)”. Because the tablets and smartphones become common, and kids are easily getting along with more features by just “touch and play”. So children tend to listen more from the entertainment devices.
See more at: http://www.asha.org
How to keep your kids from potential hearing damage?
The idea is limitation the loudness to the safety level, watching out your child when they wear earbuds (not let them listen for a long time like 4 or 5 hours continuously even at low volume level) and choosing the best earbuds for your kids is very important.
What to consider: Fit, comfort and design, sound quality and volume level (it should be below 85dB).
How to choose lovely earbuds for your kids?
Check which color your kids mostly like, cute design and our best earbuds recommended for kids. This brings about the confidence for you while your kids are wearing these earbuds, the volume level is technically limited and do not pose the health risk to users. Many audio manufacturers restricted the maximum volume to safety levels by increasing the impedance on earbuds.
Lovely design and good sound quality should be noticed. And the most importantly, these earbuds give your kids comfortable with soft-silicon eartips made by high quality material. Let make your kids hear the wonderful sound and amused sound from the games on smartphones or tablet or even sweet voices from best audio books for kids. If you travel with your kids, let’s them watch a movie for long flight or listen to audio books with these earbuds for kids.
Finally, earbud for kids should be light, durable and comfortable, and the ear tips material(normally silicon or comfy) don’t cause any allergic reaction to the sensitive skin.
Here is our top picks: Best earbuds for kids
Though Etymotic Research ETY is specifically designed for kids, parents can use these earbuds as well. The 3 layers structure of earbuds tips–triple flange make it better in noise-isolating even in the noisy environment, you still hear music detail and clear sound (it is all about that bass). The tiple flange goes directly into ear cannal, so your kids may not feel comfortable for the first time. We recommend trying earbud tips with more shallow insertion like Ultimate Ears for Children first for more comfortable. The tips are designed specially for small ears, so the body is a little long, but dont’ worry they will not be easy to loosen. The drawback is that it looks quite boring, would be nicer with kid theme.
Etymotic Research ETY-Kids‘s sound quality is overall pretty good. However, It’s moderately expensive.
2. JVC HAFR36B Marshmallow, this earbuds are specifically designed for small ears. The foam tips give users more comfortable fit. It values for the solid audio performance with the reasonably cheap price, $13. Most smart devices today have the features that let you to litmit and lock the volume levels so it’s safe for kids. However, you need to choose the earbuds with small earbud tips that can fit to kid’s ears, and the JVC Marshmallow would be a nice choice.
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion Pilot Interface Earphones. If your kid is a fan of Japanese amine, definitely you should give this earbuds to him as a nice gift.
4. Super Mario Bros. Earbuds. The 3.5mm jack is compatible with most handheld game consoles, smartphones, tables. Your kids will love this earbuds while playing Nintendo games. This is one of the cool Japanese earbuds with decent sound quality. There is only one available in stock, get it now at >>DISCOUNT PRICE<<
5. Ultimate Ears for Children. They limit the volume from any portable devices by up to 40%. Solid built-quality and cheap price , comfortable fit for small ears.
Another good way to limit the volume is secretly putting cotton balls in the earbuds (put in the hole earbud tips), this cotton will function as a seal, so the volume is reduced to safe levels. This, however, isn’t very effective and doesn’t have any effect to the sound quality. There are hundreds of cheap earbuds, if your children like pink check out the 10 best pink earbuds for those who love pink or 10 best cheap earbuds to buy in 2014
The advantages of earbuds (in-ear headphone models) over the on ear and over the ear models.
– They are light weight, easy for your child to carry them around.
– They are less likely to be damaged by kids.
– They can give the more secure fit and better seal, meaning your kids can have better music experiences.
You will find the best earbuds as lovely gifts for your children.
An alternative of earbuds: Kidz Gear Volume-Limiting over-ear headphones, one of the best headphones for kids
You may be interested in best headphones for kids including all type of headphones: in-ear, on-ear and over the ears models